Frizzy and dry hair is a cry for oil nourishment and moisturizing. Moisturizing is of paramount importance for frizzy and rough hair type to maintain manageable hair. Most women around the globe prefer a weekly visit to hair spas for keeping frizzy-ness at bay. This is not affordable option for many. On the other hand some might not favor the chemical based products used in these spas. There are some natural, at home maintenance forms to help hair nourishment. Lets us have a look at some of those frizzy hair most effective home remedies.
1. Lemon and Honey
Lemon and honey are 2 of the most readily available ingredients that you can use to get rid of curly hair. Lemon contains vitamins and minerals that promote strong hair while honey is considered the ultimate moisturizer.
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and honey. Dilute it with a cup of water and mix it well.
2. Apply it on washed hair. Make sure to coat the ends well and avoid the scalp.
3. Leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes and then wash with hot water and a mild shampoo.
4. Do this once a week.
Bananas are great for hair conditioning because they are rich in potassium, vitamins and carbohydrates. All these ingredients lock in moisture to soften and add shine to your hair.
1. Mash one ripe banana with a fork until there are no lumps. Mix in 1/4 cup of yogurt. Then add 2 tablespoons of honey and olive oil.
2. Apply the mask all over your hair and scalp. Put a shower cap over your hair and leave it on for thirty minutes to an hour.
3. Rinse your hair and then shampoo as usual.
4. Do this once a week.
Eggs are one of the most famous home remedies for frizzy hair. It yolks are rich in fats and proteins while egg whites contain enzymes that kill bacteria and also remove unwanted oils from the scalp.
1. Whisk one egg and add one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it well.
2. Apply it on your hair and leave it about a half an hour.
3. Rinse it out and wash your hair thoroughly. Make sure you use a rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
Mayonnaise has egg and oil in it, which gives shine to hair and adds an extra protective layer of moisture.
1. Pour at least half a jar of mayonnaise in a pot. Mix in one tablespoon of olive oil, an egg yolk and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Whisk the ingredients together.
2. Apply the mixture to freshly washed hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half an hour.
3. Thoroughly wash your hair using cool water.
Beer is the best option for restoring moisture in your hair. It also has minerals, vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants that your hair needs.
1. Simply coat your hair with beer, allow it to sit for a few minutes and then wash it out with cold water. Do this once every 2 weeks.
2. Another option is to mix equal amounts of shampoo, conditioner and beer. Apply this solution on your hair. Now brush your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your thoroughly with cold water.