If you are like most of the women I know then you will have a wardrobe full of shoes there can be mountains of sandals, trainers, flip-flops, boots and every other type of footwear under the sun. However how many times have you gone into your wardrobe and there are just no shoes to fit the occasion? The following 8 shoes will get you through any situation you may find yourself in.
1. Go for smart and comfy flats for work. If you are in full time employment it is likely that you will be working 8 hours a day, therefore having a pair of shoes that are comfy and don’t put to much strain on your feet is paramount. Heels may look good but if you are on your feet for any period of time you will regret them very soon. Two or three pairs of these shoes are ideal, and chose dark or medium neutral colours, this will ensure they go with any work outfit and wear end tear will not be as obvious with light or bright coloured shoes.
2. One warm-weather work shoe. Try and go for some open toed flats, or sandles if your company allows it. Getting hot and sweaty feet during the summer months can be very uncomfortable during long days at work
3. One pair of slingbacks in a neutral shade. They look chic with straight skirts and classic-cut trousers. They can be worn with bare legs or opaque winter stockings. Plus, they work well with formal and near-formal wear, they add sophistication to jeans, and instantly dress up a denim skirt and cardigan like nothing else can.
4. One pair of strappy dress sandals to wear with formal or semi-formal attire. They can sex-up a pair of jeans, too. Best colors: a mid-tone or pale neutral, including metallics such as silver or gold.
5. One pair of neutral-colored casual shoes for weekends. A woman can never go wrong with classics such as oxfords, moccasins, loafers, or clogs.
6. One pair of attractive athletic shoes. If you go to the gym these are essential, and if not they come in handy when in the garden or just slobbing around the house in
7. One pair of fashion boots in a medium or dark neutral. Something classic enough for work-wear yet sexy enough to add an edge to jeans and an everyday tee. Top-of-the-calf boots with a flat heel are one of the cold weather season’s hottest looks, but are surprisingly in-demand even as the weather grows warmer.
8. Two or more pair of casual, warm weather shoes in a pale neutral or fashion color. Think sandals, ballet slippers, or flip-flops done up in a dressy material like leather.
So next time you think about buying a new pair of shies think twice, do you really need them? Or would the money be better spent elsewhere? Maybe instead of getting another pair of casual shoes you would be better off getting some sexy boots that you can wear out with a pair of jeans.
For the latest designer shoes made from leather or nubuck go to Joan Cope [http://www.joancope.co.uk] for excellent prices!
By: Peter Smith