Being a stay-at-home mom is truly a blessing but is hard work! Like any job, with great rewards come drawbacks that come along with being a domestic engineer. It’s easy to fall prey to a life of monotony. We become consumed with day to day living and we find ourselves trying to maintain our sanity. Taking care of others and their needs is in the forefront. Eventually, we might become unhappy and miserable ultimately losing our true self and identity.
This is not only detrimental to you but to relationships with your family, your husband, and yourself. It doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some tips to stay true to yourself without compromising your family time and relationships.
1. Take time out for yourself. Don’t feel guilty about it either! By yourself or with a friend or two; go shopping (for fun not groceries!), go to the bookstore to read, have a cup of coffee, have dinner with the girls, or whatever it is you like to do to reenergize. It’s vital to take that time out for yourself at least once a month to stay connected with your friends, the outside world, and more importantly, your inner self.
2. Take time out with your significant other. This too is vital to have a healthy marriage. Don’t blow it off because you’re both too tired or you both want to catch up on cleaning the garage. There was a reason why you married him. Don’t forget them and never take each other for granted.
3. Start a home based business to make a little extra money. Who doesn’t need extra money? There are plenty of home based business ideas out there. When looking for one, keep in mind how much effort, time and energy you want to put into this business. Wouldn’t it be great to make extra income and contribute financially to the household?
4. Meditate. Because we get so busy taking care of everything and everyone else, we lose focus on our selves. Meditate for that peace of mind. It also lowers stress levels and reenergizes you physically and emotionally.
5. Be thankful for what you have – big or small; always count your blessings. Our lives become so routine and busy that we forget to be thankful. Be thankful for all the people and things in your life from the air we breathe, to our wonderful family, to the home in which you live.
Being a stay-at-home mom is extremely rewarding but you can easily lose your identity along the way. The path to surviving life as a stay-at-home mom is to always be true to yourself; life for you and your family will be so much more rewarding.
Much love and happiness!
If you found this article interesting, please visit this free ways to make money online.
A stay-at-home mom for the first time, my interests grow everyday for a better tomorrow. Health, wealth, happiness, empowering women, and helping others are my focus. Formerly in the Sales and Marketing field, I hope to provide information that might be helpful to others.
By: Maddie Torres